On My Design Walls

 Here's Nearly Insane block #2.  They get harder - or should I say - have more pieces.  30" square.

The photo below is the 17 UFOs in 2017 top nearly done.  Needs the outside border - then will measure
30" square.
I'm so glad to have gotten this far.

Have not yet found that other set of crumb blocks, but it's around somewhere.  I need to pick a new UFO to work on for the 17 in 2017 challenge as the three weeks ends tonight.

And really happy to report I finished all the blocks to #9 - the project drawn for Judy's UFO challenge.  I can actually think of setting them into a top now.  Woohoo.  Here are the last two blocks.
Even did the embellishments.
And on the design floor:
 This is a small top I told my DD I'd work on for her.  Err, it has some issues so I took the outside border off to fix them, then realized have to take the sashing off as it way off in places.  See middle right - there isn't enough fabric to make a seam with the border - there was a big hole there.  So I may be going all the way to block one, making them the same size, add the sashing - maybe interior cornerstones so that there is enough sashing in places, and so on.  It's too cute and the attic windows so fine not  to fix.



What are you up to?  Linking to several Monday parties. Why don't you check them out - Linky Parties tab under header.  You could still win a fat quarter - top of sidebar.  Blessings!

8 comments:

  1. Those owls are so cute!! Love the eyelashes. And yes, that Laurel Burch cats quilt is too cute not to fix and finish. I do really like the checkerboard fabric for the sashing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you have plenty on the go here and such variety shame you have to undo the quilt what amazing 3D it has

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the owls! and well done for tackling Nearly Insane - on my never ending to do list :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The owls are adorable. Good luck with the fixing... it is a very cute quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your Journey of a Quilter embroidery! So pretty and true! Your setting for the Crumb blocks is a nice way of showing them off! Your owl blocks will bring a smile to anyone’s face! Is that an Attic Window quilt on your design floor? My son chose that as a pattern for his quilt – looks so intimidating – but I’m hoping to make it this year! :0 Thank you for sharing! Glad I found you again on Love, Laugh, Quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. great work - i admire anyone taking on Nearly Insane!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet, sweet owl blocks....they make me smile.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. It's always nice to hear from you. I try to reply to each and every one of you, but sometimes life gets in the way. I hope you understand. Blessings.

All Comes to A Halt

 Sighhhh....  While I was quilting I  ran my finger, somehow, under the needle. Went right through my left index fingernail right through to...