Stash N Video 11/10/13

Had to share a video with you:  "Catalina's Paradise" Applique Quilt "

by Jane Newble .  Jane says: For this quilt I used a mixture of the Civil War Bride patterns by Corliss Searcey, a picture of the original 1864 "Bird of Paradise" quilt, and my own drawings, some from pictures of other old Baltimore quilts, and some from photos. It is hand made with needle turn applique, and echo quilting.  Altogether it took just over a year to make.
 
As to the stash report - used a few bits for my LE BOM, and also a yard for the back of the pieced flannel charity quilt I shared yesterday.  So about 1.25 yards for last week. I'm shocked I have anything since I was sick all last week.  So my numbers are:
in 0.0 yds.; out 1.25 yds.
Stash in YTD: in 9.0 yds., out YTD 108.33 yds.
Donated YTD: 51.26 yds
Net for 2013: out 99.33 yds
 
And since I like to share a photo with you, here's the two DGSs when they came trick-or-treating:
 
 
Gone are the days of grocery bag costumes.  I'm linking to Judy's Patchwork Times - see you there.


2 comments:

  1. Boo! Grin. I love the video with the birds singing in the background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the video tip Angie. Wow! And those little goblins are precious. Glad to see you posting today! Hugs, Karen

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. It's always nice to hear from you. I try to reply to each and every one of you, but sometimes life gets in the way. I hope you understand. Blessings.

All Comes to A Halt

 Sighhhh....  While I was quilting I  ran my finger, somehow, under the needle. Went right through my left index fingernail right through to...