Applique Tuesday

I have done a bit of work on my LE - mainly working on the stems to Part 4.  That vase you see is one of 6 I am considering. I scanned the fabrics I'm thinking of using and then cut out paper vases to see how they would work.  To not use a ton of ink for these, I drew the shape on a white piece of paper, then cut it out.  Then I laid the paper on the copier and placed the fabric on top, so the printer only laid down color where the vase shape was.  Some of the stems will be embroidered. Oh, and all the elements you see aren't fused down yet.

How are you doing on your project?  Would love to see how it's going.  Linky below.
I'm linking to Esther's WOW and Connie's Linky Tuesday.  See you there.

6 comments:

  1. What a great idea Angie... thanks for Sharing that with us. I've been fighting with computers all week -- trying to figure out a newer one now. Hope I can post soon. Happy Thanksgiving... Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's just how I felt when I got my new computer and it had Windows 8 - what a nightmare the first couple of weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there Angie,
    I used to scan my expensive fabrics when I was doing HD- but I just taped the cut out pieces back into the picture if I didn't like the way it looked, then re-cut the paper again. Works a treat for fussy-cutting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your quilt is looking great! I started late so I'm only at part 3. I can't wait to get to the flowers and vases!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Angie your applique is gorgeous. None from me this week.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. It's always nice to hear from you. I try to reply to each and every one of you, but sometimes life gets in the way. I hope you understand. Blessings.

All Comes to A Halt

 Sighhhh....  While I was quilting I  ran my finger, somehow, under the needle. Went right through my left index fingernail right through to...