Stash on Design Wall

At last I have time to post a stash report.  While I didn't get much quilting done in the three weeks of getting ready for company and the company, I did try to squeeze in a few minutes a day - sometimes as much as 15 - more like 5 most days, so here is what I have to report:
Yards         For
  .25             binding of a VA quilt.                                  
3.50             of donated fabric to the guild
  .25             to finish charity quilt squares
  .13             for centers for same quilt
  .34             for border for landscape quilt
  .25             for back of same landscape
  .13             for binding the landscape
1.56              for Nadine's quilt top
  .25             of scraps for Holiday quiltlet
  .25             for backing of said quiltlet    giving me a grand total of

6.91 yards!   Woohoo! - not bad since my last stash report of 9/30/13.
Here are my numbers:
in 0.0 yds.; out 6.91 yds.
Stash in YTD: in 9.0 yds., out 107.08 yds.
Donated YTD: 51.26 yds
Net for 2013: out 104.99 yds
 
Now I'd like to humbly ask for your help.  A group I belong to has two yard sales twice a year to raise money for our local food pantry. One of the coordinators gave me a quilt top as they know I am a quilter - none of the other six are that was donated to the group. Anyway - here it is - measures around 72 by 82":
 


The back of the top is lined with flannel - looks like they added the flannel before they put the squares together - maybe to stabilize the squares (?).  Most of the fabric looks and feels like cotton - some maybe feed sacks.  My questions are:  Would you look at the following photos and guess what decade these are from?  Also I want to use these to put together a quilt from that decade so could you also suggest a quilt block to use.  Your comments will be greatly appreciated!







I'm linking to Judy's Stash Report at Patchwork Times.  Visit and see how others are doing.

2 comments:

  1. Well I have no idea but I think the fabrics look super cute! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry I am of no help but they sure are great fabrics.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. It's always nice to hear from you. I try to reply to each and every one of you, but sometimes life gets in the way. I hope you understand. Blessings.

All Comes to A Halt

 Sighhhh....  While I was quilting I  ran my finger, somehow, under the needle. Went right through my left index fingernail right through to...