WIP Wednesday 8/29/12

My dear DIL (Deanna)'s mother, Barbara, has now been laid to rest.  Although Bobby had been in poor health, her sudden death August 19th was a shock for all of us.  She had lost her husband April 30th of this year, so you can understand how much sorrow has visited our extended family in such a short time.  Thank you for all your caring words and prayers.

This weekend I was able to get to a little quilting done.  I finished the quilt I was using as my FMQ pratice piece.  It is now with my mother who will bind it, so technically it is still a WIP. 










Next , I made one of the local guild's BOM blocks.  This BOM is all about our city, Riverside.  Here is the Gage canal - a vital part of the local's economy: 

Then I made a DJ block, Abbey's Eye, H-4 I believe.
Lastly, I worked on my craftsy sampler blocks (of which I am terribly behind).  These are June's:

I'm going to be seriously rethinking this project.  I find I'm not terribly keen on making samplers.  Maybe if I'd used the same fabric in each one, but so far, hmmmm.  Actually, I think it is because, other than my charity quilts, I'd rather be doing something with applique as my time is so limited now.

I'm linking to Esther's WOW Wednesday, and Lyn's BOMs Away.  I look forward to seeing what you're up to.



7 comments:

  1. So sorry for your loss Angie and glad to know that your life is getting back to normal. Sudden loss is upsetting no matter who it is, and even worse when it is someone we know and care about. It's good that you have started getting back into sewing with small projects. I feel the same way about samplers! There are a lot of sew-alongs that I just don't join because I've done my share of samplers and don't want to do anymore of them :*)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please tell your DIL and family, we'll continue to pray. I'm so sorry for your loss.

    Your WIP is a finish to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hang in there kiddo. Quilting will bring you peace.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Extending my condolences to you and your extended family. It's touching, isn't it, that you feel the loss of someone who once was a stranger but who became family through the love of your children? I remember watching each side of my extended family grieve for members of the other when I was a teenager and young adult, and it made me feel very safe and comforted--the family circle felt strong during times of loss.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, I'm sorry for your family's loss. I hope things are starting to settle better. You got some good block work done. Love that Riverside block. Are those little cacti in the bottom right? Are they embroidered on? cool blues you found to use for the sky and water. And hey! I'm about to make that particular Baby Jane block. Well, if I can ever find energy to lift my arms to sew, between all the loads we're taking to the house from the apartment and storage. I can't see any end to this. . . heh.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My sympathies to the families--two parents in such a short time is really devastating.

    Love your Riverside block!

    I don't much care for sewing samplers either and probably will never make one--but there are sure some pretty ones at shows sometimes!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. It's always nice to hear from you. I try to reply to each and every one of you, but sometimes life gets in the way. I hope you understand. Blessings.

All Comes to A Halt

 Sighhhh....  While I was quilting I  ran my finger, somehow, under the needle. Went right through my left index fingernail right through to...