For all who serve

In honor of all who serve, I made a block contribution to our Soldier's Angel project this Memorial Day weekend.  The guild is gathering 12" blocks to make into quilts.  Here's the unit I'll be turning in next meeting.  I had a challenge putting it together.  The pattern I had was for an 8" block and I had to convert it to a 12".  The problem was the stripe piece has 5 pieces and I had to figure out what each piece would be that would line up with the star.  If I'd made the star first it would have been a piece of cake, cuz all I'd had to do was measure that smallish stripe in the flying geese unit and I'd have known what the others had to be.  I now have enough strips to make some crazy unit to give a third block.

1 comment:

Thank you for stopping by. It's always nice to hear from you. I try to reply to each and every one of you, but sometimes life gets in the way. I hope you understand. Blessings.

All Comes to A Halt

 Sighhhh....  While I was quilting I  ran my finger, somehow, under the needle. Went right through my left index fingernail right through to...