UFO #2



Okay, I finally got UFO #2 done, albeit two months overdue, but it is done. I love log cabin designs, but after making two, I don't like making them. Sooooo, I came up with a simplified one. Someone may have come up with this before me, but I can't remember who or if I saw it in a mag or book - I read of lot of them and if you'd like to see a partial list of my quilt books, you can go to http://www.angiesbookshelf.com/ to see them under the keyword quilting. So here is my version of furrows: I just kept grabbing from my stash to make this scrappy version. The little blue squares are fusible raw edge applique. I wanted to try another all over quilting pattern and chose baptist fan. It quilted quickly and was easy to do going from side to side. You can see the quilting in the light areas. This quilt measures about 40 X 48. I was happy it used up some big size scraps!
I'm finishing the quilting on UFO #3 and I'll be able to show it to you once I get back from Puerto Rico.
Quilting leads to contented hearts.
Bye for now!

2 comments:

  1. I really like your quilt. I'm fond of log cabin quilts but like you I'm not crazy about making them. I get bored real easy with the sewing in circles type of patterns. My neighbor just finished a log cabbine top using 2 1/2 inch strips and it turned out beautiful. They are a great way to get rid of scraps for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL - the quilting went so fast I didn't have a chance to get bored Estee, but I know what you mean.

    Did your neighbor post her quilt? Would like to see it.
    Angie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. It's always nice to hear from you. I try to reply to each and every one of you, but sometimes life gets in the way. I hope you understand. Blessings.

All Comes to A Halt

 Sighhhh....  While I was quilting I  ran my finger, somehow, under the needle. Went right through my left index fingernail right through to...