Some of This, Some of That

No photos - wouldn't look any different than last time - but am progressing on the hand quilting my UFO and fixing my hexie medallion.  I'm doing quite a bit of that today.  Reason being I took a walk yesterday and I'm ordered to take a day off my feet to ease the hip.  For a while it's walk 1/2 mile one day and rest all day the next.  Little by little...

Couldn't resist working on that accidental landscape  - added the borders. The outer border is really an eggplant color although it looks darker.  I'm thinking of adding something in the lower right corner.  Not sure what yet.  Once I decide yes or no, I'll sandwich and do some quilting.

So that 1/8th yard of scraps has grown to 1/4th.
And my new YTD de-stashing is 4.87 yards.  

The weather this past week has been incredibly mild for winter here in California. Guess it's our turn to get weird weather.  So in my short walks have wandered outside and seen we have some color appearing here and there in the yard. From the front yard:
 The jade is starting to bloom. And even the geraniums have begun to color up.  Ahhhh.
What are you up to?  Leave me a comment and I'll come by to see where you're at. Blessings.

7 comments:

  1. Love that little landscape--so Tuscany--looks just like my photos from our trip a few years back...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your landscape quilt is so fun. Good job.

    It has been nice to have the warm weather this week. It would be nice to get rid of the winds though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your landscape piece is coming along nicely. Glad you've been able to get out and walk. It's been cold and blustery here, not good walking weather at all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That pretty geranium makes me yearn for spring. Sweet little landscape.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My jade in pots have only ever bloomed once, but it's so beautiful when it does. I have quite a nice sized one now, so hoping maybe this year. Lovely pictures, and I like the border. Eggplant seems to have been a good choice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh your jade plant looks lovely! Can't wait to see what you add to the border.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow.....I didn't realize that Jade Plants bloomed!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. It's always nice to hear from you. I try to reply to each and every one of you, but sometimes life gets in the way. I hope you understand. Blessings.

All Comes to A Halt

 Sighhhh....  While I was quilting I  ran my finger, somehow, under the needle. Went right through my left index fingernail right through to...