Hexie Weekend is Morphing

I've had to face a sad truth that my hexies are being so ignored, one would think I have abandoned them. Not so, but they may get relegated to UFOs at the speed I'm not going. And as we're coming to the busiest time of the year, I may not even do as much blogging.  What a dilemma.  So what did I do last week?

Yesterday I handed out my leaf mug rugs to the winners of the table decorating contest at the Friends of the Library meeting.  Then I had a brainstorming session with the President of said group for our fundraising page at an upcoming online fundraiser - all that took 5 1/2 hours.

Monday thru Wednesday had the grandchildren over.  Lots of driving around, but it's fun to talk to them and interact. In between I fitted in cooking, cleaning, volunteer work, and some quilting.

My finished baby quilt:
I took a bunch of scraps left over from another baby quilt we had made at St. Anne's and put this one together.  It's made with a QAYG method where you sew the blocks back to back and the seam allowance (in this case 1") to the front.  You fold over the seams and stitch to make faux sashing.  Goes together easily.  Measures 27 x 34 - just right for newborn, use in car seat or stroller.

Today's linky party is anything you want to share from your week - quilting (of course hexies if you have them), cooking, traveling, reading, family, etc. I'm always happy to read about you.


An InLinkz Link-up

While I wait for your eye-candy or story, I'll be over at Amanda's Finish it up Friday and Sarah's Can I get a Whoop, Whoop?  

4 comments:

  1. I have not been too productive this week - at times I barely feel like I have done anything although I do know that I have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Change is good. Things happen and we go in a different direction, but sometimes we can circle back later. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. no new hexies to share this week, thought I had been quite productive but it seems not!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. It's always nice to hear from you. I try to reply to each and every one of you, but sometimes life gets in the way. I hope you understand. Blessings.

All Comes to A Halt

 Sighhhh....  While I was quilting I  ran my finger, somehow, under the needle. Went right through my left index fingernail right through to...