Design Wall Monday

Very busy weekend! Friday I took my Mom to a local quilt show for part of her 87th birthday.  It was a great show despite that the air conditioning wasn't working and it was the hottest day of the year (97) so far. Saturday I left at 6:45 to work a yard sale for our local food pantry - whew! - it was hot that day too especially the last two hours between 12 -2. But it was worth it - we made over $600 for food purchases.

On my design wall are pinwheel blocks for a quilt I'm making for DGD.  I only got to do a bit of sewing today, but it will be my priority for the week in between making another top for St. Anne's. That meeting is Thursday.  This week is always busy with all the prep for St. Anne's and getting ready for the Second Saturday sale at the library.  I'm already tired. 

What's on your design wall?  I'm heading over to Judy's Patchwork Times and Lyn's BOMs Away to see what others will be working on this week.
 


Looking for the Giveaway? Go here.

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like you and your Mom had a good time even in the heat. Love the little pinwheel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goodness! It's just beginning to get warm here!!! Glad you had a good time with your mom. Those pinwheels look sweet - I love plaids! :*)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like a fun project with all the checked pinwheels. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday to your Mom, what a great way to spend the day. 97 yikes!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE the pinwheels.

    ReplyDelete
  5. pinwheels are one of my favorite blocks. Happy Birthday to your mom!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. It's always nice to hear from you. I try to reply to each and every one of you, but sometimes life gets in the way. I hope you understand. Blessings.

All Comes to A Halt

 Sighhhh....  While I was quilting I  ran my finger, somehow, under the needle. Went right through my left index fingernail right through to...