Applique Thursday 5/15/13

Well, I've been called back into the ranks of Babysitting and I'll be putting in a couple of more 10 hour days to end the week.  But I did get a bit further on my applique.  Help me out here:
They're not fused down yet - the flowers that is. And I'm wondering if I should use a dark pink to delineate the petals. Once I have them detailed, I can add the centers and tone down those bright leaves. Suggestions?

I have another book this week.  It's called Curves in Motion.

Judy uses a system very similar to Ruth McDowell's for making her art pieces and it's fascinating to see how she puts them together.  To win this copy, all you need to do is comment or link to have a chance for it to be yours. Or do both and have two chances. And for extra chances, tell your friends about this giveaway. If they comment or link and mention you in their comment, you'll automatically get another entry in this giveaway. Submissions end Wednesday night. Use the blue link below. And remember, it doesn't have to be applique (that you share that is) - all sorts of eye candy is eligible and very welcome - even projects you finished a while ago - it's all new to me.

7 comments:

  1. I THINK THE FLOWERS LOOK GOOD HOW YOU HAVE THEM.YOUR GETTING THEM DONE GOOD!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love that back ground fabric you are using for Esther's blocks, I would never of thought of adding pink flowers to it but they look fabulousness,, I would stick wi th what you are doing it is a stunning block.

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS. You have wonderful contrasts with the different greens just beautiful. Cheers Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would use the dark pink to add more definition to the blooms. I love Judy Dales' curved piecing ... and would love to win the book.

    ReplyDelete
  5. detailing the blosssoms and adding the centers may be enough to delineate them. you could use a darker shade of thread when you applique them to give them more definition.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The dark pink would be good for definition of the petals. I love the greens it looks great.d

    ReplyDelete
  7. No suggestions here. Your work always turns out well.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. It's always nice to hear from you. I try to reply to each and every one of you, but sometimes life gets in the way. I hope you understand. Blessings.

All Comes to A Halt

 Sighhhh....  While I was quilting I  ran my finger, somehow, under the needle. Went right through my left index fingernail right through to...