Applique Thursday 4/11/13

I never thought I'd say this but after my marathon of finishing 4 charity quilts, I'm bummed out about quilting today.  I hope it goes away soon.  I am happy I got two of my three goals done, but all I've accomplished for my third (and the applique one at that!) is finally decide on the background for My Whimsical Quilt Garden.  Because I'm trying to use up stash, I dug and dug til I found this:
It looks like it would go nicely with those whimsical blocks, and it's a big enough piece for all of the quilt.  I know it isn't yellow as was my first choice, but the only yellows I have seemed too bright for the background. What do you think?

Oh, I am so in need of eye candy.  Here's the book I'm offering this week:
To win this copy, all you need to do is comment or link to have a chance for it to be yours. Or do both and have two chances. And for extra chances, tell your friends about this giveaway. If they comment or link and mention you in their comment, you'll automatically get another entry in this giveaway. Submissions end Wednesday night. Use the blue link below. And remember, it doesn't have to be applique (that you share that is) - all sorts of eye candy is eligible and very welcome - even projects you finish a while ago - it'll all be new to me. 

5 comments:

  1. That looks like a wonderful book. I would love to give it a try. Thanks for sharing.
    bonnielarson58@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Count me in please! though I'm not sure what a wacky star is???

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope your bummer(ness) goes away too, I love your quilting! I'm looking forward to seeing more. The white looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the book. I love the wacky stars..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sending you some quilting mojo! Good to choose something from stash.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. It's always nice to hear from you. I try to reply to each and every one of you, but sometimes life gets in the way. I hope you understand. Blessings.

All Comes to A Halt

 Sighhhh....  While I was quilting I  ran my finger, somehow, under the needle. Went right through my left index fingernail right through to...