Stash Report 7/29/12

Like Judy, nothing in and nothing out.  Oh, I did sew and piece and quilt last week - just not on anything new where I used yardage.  I did finish a baby quilt, and another baby quilt flimsie and an applique block, but I was way too busy to start anything new that might use up some fabric.  I'll be getting ready to visit my son in CO this week so not much else will get done, either.  Any one know of a quilt store in Fort Collins?
Here are my numbers:
Used/Donated last week: 0 yards
Used/Donated YTD: 94.19 yards
Added/Bought last week: 0.0yards
Added/Bought YTD: 35.5 yards
------------------------------
Net Decrease YTD: 58.69 yards
 
As a summary of last week - we started the week with our son and family coming for a visit.  Here's Lily looking so grown up:
I can't believe she's only 26 months, and she potty trained herself because she wanted to wear grown-up panties.
Here's the finished owl quilt for Baby Messner.  I decided on circles for the center as there are so many circles in the fabric and a wonky free hand Greek key in the border.

For the label I wrote the particulars in one of the corners.  It says: For Baby Messner, with love, Abuela, 2012.
And the back is a cozy large dot flannel:

I used a green YLI thread on the back also.   
And at the end of the week we went to the Long Beach International Festival and had a great time.  I did buy a table runner kit, but since the fabric in there is already cut and ready to assemble, and it's NOT going in my stash, I'm not counting it as an addition to my stash.  Bought thread also and a pattern.  I was restrained.
 
I'm linking over to Judy's Patchwork Times.  She has a stash report post this week and her new blog is great.  Go have a look.

4 comments:

  1. There supposedly is an app on the phone that allows you to look up nearby quilt stores base on your area code. You may want to check it out. I am still shocked that you added is triple the used fabric! Way to go for the year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're doing such a good job on your stash management! Much better than me :*) Lily is such a cute pie! And apparently a very smart young lady too. Imagine her potty training herself! Your owl quilt turned out too cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely quilting on the baby quilt. So personal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty bably quilt, love the color combination. Congrats on your stash numbers, your restraint is paying off.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. It's always nice to hear from you. I try to reply to each and every one of you, but sometimes life gets in the way. I hope you understand. Blessings.

All Comes to A Halt

 Sighhhh....  While I was quilting I  ran my finger, somehow, under the needle. Went right through my left index fingernail right through to...