Favorite Things Friday 8/5/11

One of my favorite things to do is go to a quilt show!  Not every quilt show - wouldn't have time to quilt then, LOL - but when a big one comes around locally, I'm there.

Last saturday, I went with my mother to see the Summer International Quilt Festival in Long Beach.  For us out west, this is the next best thing to going to Houston, cuz it's the Houston show on wheels!  It's not as big, the quilts aren't juried, but oh there are a lot of them!  And of course, vendors.  I was good - all I bought was thread and two stencils.  However there was a lot of fabulous fabric there - someday!

So to share, I thought I'd upload the eye candy I photographed that day on this favorite thing friday.  These are just a few of them.  You'll get an idea of what I like by what I picked to photograph from the hundreds they had.

Oh and there was a fabulous, fabulous Baltimore Quilt Exhibit - but it said no photography so I wasn't able to share those with you.  But they are indelibly printed in my brain.
If you're ever close to one - they have one in the spring and summer and fall - do try to go - you won't regret it.  PS:  this is where I saw the great O Canada exhibit  that I posted about earlier.  ENJOY!
IQFLB

8 comments:

  1. Incredible array of quilts. Thanks for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness...they're all so beautiful - each and every one. However if I had to pick a favourite it would be the one that comes up in Picture 2 and three. Amazing!

    Thanks for dropping by and linking them up. I feel like I almost over dosed on eye candy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, such beautiful quilts, thanks for taking the photos and sharing. So many different styles and such fabulous work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun way to spend a day! Thanks for sharing. Happy FTF! ☺

    ReplyDelete
  5. fabulous .. thanks for sharing ... I'll be drooling over them all night long ....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful post thanks for the tour. Beautiful quilts. You were good only thread and stencils. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those quilts are gorgeous! I had a great time admiring them all, some people are so clever. You only bought thread and stencils....well done :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think going to y quilt show would be one of my favs...but they are very small and very rare over here. Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. It's always nice to hear from you. I try to reply to each and every one of you, but sometimes life gets in the way. I hope you understand. Blessings.

All Comes to A Halt

 Sighhhh....  While I was quilting I  ran my finger, somehow, under the needle. Went right through my left index fingernail right through to...